Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Elated

I signed onto THA today, and found a PM by someone.

This girl had randomly decided to dive in and read my entire blog on a whim.

After she finished, she PMed me, telling me I was an incredible spirit. And that inside, I'm a writer.

I have never felt so....elated before. It's unreal. I know now what the band probably feels like when they see so many fans all gathered there for them. Unexpected and unasked for praise is my favorite.

And the girl who sent me the message....is an amazing writer. Which made it extra special. Hee.

I actually went and looked at my blog after I saw the message. And read the whole thing through. To this point, I have not seen what she did. But knowing it helped, makes me feel...fuzzy inside.

Quoted message that she sent to me underneath (She is talking about my blog on THA):
Rani,

I just finished reading your entire blog. I just dove into it. Just like that—on a whim. Which was risky business, seeing as how I can’t swim. I don’t even know what to say. I just know that I have to say something.

You made me laugh out loud. And you made me cry.

You are an incredible life. An incredible spirit. Your mind functions like the characters’ in the novels that I read. It’s mindboggling. You are elusive and tangible in the same sentence.

This probably sounds utterly bizarre, but it is simply beyond my power to walk away from your blog without commemorating your presence in a world where freedom of expression is so often deafened by the thick pulse of fear.

You, my dear, are a writer. An artist. Regarding your writing style, in my opinion, you have achieved, at fourteen years, what some do not achieve in a life time. I wish I could convey to you how good you are. How clearly you see things, people. How beautifully you have sculpted a living, breathing you using only the raw words at your fingertips.

I want you to forget what I’m writing here, because, as you’ve noted, pride corrupts a person. But just for a moment. One moment. Know that you are being heard. And know that it is a stunning ballad. I am so thrilled to have met you on THA.

And if no one else is available, rest assured that I will always have my fingers wrapped around the frayed rope of that hot air balloon.

Love always,

*edited for privacy*


So gratifying. So beautifully written.

And yet, I still cannot grasp exactly what she found. But I'm glad she found something.

As for that second to last paragraph. The one about pride. I hope this will be the last that I speak of that message. For it would be terrible if I gave into exactly what she thinks I'm strong enough to withstand.

Especially the last paragraph. I'd forgotten about that phrase. Knowing someone holds that frayed rope....makes life feel so much more...familiar, as in, I know I will not lose myself. I have an anchor. And I am someone else's. Those will keep me here.

And with that I am off to blog yet again, in the hopes it clears things up for someone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous. Her writing is just...wow, and I'm so glad that she thought the same way about yours. Eeee that's so cool x3

Give me the link to your THA blog? :o